19.6.12

praying to be disabled

muffin-

so. I have a few minutes.

and then I'm going to a hoedown with a ton of children with disabilities, a bunch of crazy awesome STMs, and my own two kids.

their names are michael and leah, and they are eight and nine years old respectively.

I already love them so dearly.

I love everyone here so dearly.

I want to tell you all about everyone here.

but for now, I just have time to take five seconds to share something that happened a few days ago...

during orientation, we watched a video about a boy with down syndrome. in it he gave his testimony. it was the most simple, and yet most profound, testimony I have ever heard.

"we are all made different... I was made different..." he said. then he paused and spoke quieter. "I have down syndrome." he nodded his head and looked at the ground. then he raised his head again and held it high. "but, we also are all the same..." he nodded again. "we all need God."this week, I prayed that God would disable me. that He would break down my walls. that He would make me like these kids I'm serving.

that I would learn to serve Him simply. wholeheartedly. unashamedly.

over and out for now.

hopefully my dear, dear friend rory can write more later. :)

thanks for the prayers!

love,
muffin

1 comment: